Ready for Your Backstage Pass to Authentic Italy?
An Italian-Canadian travel couple and your hosts.
Why travel Italy with us?
LOVE food and want authentic Italian cuisine (Wine included!)
DREAM of La Dolce Vita and escaping the everyday grind.
CRAVE an intimate look at Italy’s hidden regions without being stuck on a bus with 50 other people.
WANT to take the guesswork out of planning your next trip. Sit back and relax knowing we’ve taken care of it. (If it doesn’t meet our personal stamp of approval it won’t be on your tour!)
And because travel enriches your life, and the best way to experience a new culture is among locals who become friends (and know Italy like the back of their hand!)
Your Backstage Pass Awaits!
Check out what our happy travellers have to say…
“I wanted an authentic experience as a local in Italy. Giovanni and Chantelle absolutely exceed my expectations!”
“Chantelle and Giovanni are a very insightful, educated, cultured husband-wife team. From the moment they greeted me at the airport, I felt like a friend. A friend that they looked out for and introduced to their local Italian friends who were also lovely, friendly, and local experts. I wanted an authentic experience as a local in Italy and this experience with Giovanni and Chantelle ABSOLUTELY exceeded my expectations. Chantelle and Giovanni will forever hold a place in my heart”
“Everything was so thoughtfully and lovingly planned for us, as if we were visiting friends.”
“The trip worked out perfectly! We were able to sit back, relax and not think about our next accommodation or activity. There is no way we would have known about, or found our way to the places we went without Giovanni and Chantelle. Everything was so thoughtfully and lovingly planned for us, as if we were visiting friends. They were always there to make sure we got our afternoon coffee just right. It wouldn’t have been the same without our daily doppio macchiato order. I loved the personal shopping tips on top of the food recommendations and help with buying cheese so that we could bring some of the experience back with us. It was such a rewarding trip”
“You’re not shuffled in and out of a bus. There are no lines to cue up in. Chantelle & Giovanni take all the guesswork out of planning your Italian vacation.”
“They take care of where to go, what to see, where to eat: all while experiencing genuine everyday Italian lifestyle and cuisine. The authentic Italian food was AMAZING! Our lessons in the kitchen were so fun and educational and best of all we had two locals to enlighten each day with their knowledge and experiences. We loved, loved the free time in the evenings to walk into square, have a light meal, sip wine or just people watch. Since our group was small, we were free to ask questions, gain insight, and actually experience Giovanni’s and Chantelle’s Italy, a portion of Italy that we would have never had the luxury of experiencing if we had been traveling on our own. It was a very personal and unique method of diving into the culture that will forever impact the way we travel.”
WANNA KNOW MORE ABOUT US?
HERE’S 7 MUST-KNOWS…
- We love to TRAVEL, but loathe tourism. Cookie cutter experiences, subpar food, over-tourism? Not our jam.
- Chantelle is a Celiac living and traveling 365 days a year in Italy. She’s got you covered for enjoying every bite on your trip without the fear of vacation glutenation!
- Like any good Italian boy, Giovanni loves the local cuisine. So much that he started his career bringing quality Italian food (Did someone say truffles?) to restaurants across Canada. His culinary expertise offers an extra layer to all the authentic food and wine experiences you will enjoy on tour.
- You’ll discover the secret ingredient of Cucina Italiana (Italian cuisine) in the same town where we got married. How could we not include a cooking class with a talented local chef when – even to this day – friends and family still can’t stop raving about all the amazing food & wine!
- Giovanni grew up in Italy, and understands Italy like only a local can. But his perfectly fluent English and years studying abroad in Canada and the U.S. make him your perfect tour guide. By the end of your trip, Giovanni will be the Italian cousin you wished you always had!
- Chantelle is Canadian, and an extensive European traveller. No stranger to big bus tours, she wants you to travel deeper so you don’t need a vacation from your vacation. She offers you insight and perspective in only a way that an expat can.
- Our love story started in Victoria, BC and hit a high note with our wedding in Ascoli Piceno. Bringing family and friends together for an epic epicurean experience brought our passion for authentic Italian travel to the forefront and so The Italian On Tour was born!
“Giovanni & Chantelle are the perfect guides to translate the Italian experience”
“Traveling like a local is not straight-forward. This type of experience requires someone on the inside who can guide you – and that’s where The Italian On Tour steps in.”
Ready for your backstage pass to Italy?
“Giovanni & Chantelle personally guided us. After having been to Italy multiple times, I can honestly say no other experience compares to the one provided by Giovanni & Chantelle. With their local knowledge we were able to experience food & restaurants we would not have discovered on our own.”
“When I lost my luggage, Giovanni took his personal time to help me sort things out, it really showed how much they care about their clients. They really went above and beyond the scope of the tour.”
Get the latest
Italian Food, Wine & Travel Tips
Known around the world as the "Birthplace" of the Renaissance, the city of Florence is no stranger...
Spending my summer vacations in Puglia, Italy’s largest olive oil producing region, many of my...
Digging into a slice of gourmet pizza in Italy is on every foodie’s bucket list. Nothing quite...