The Italian on tour Cycling terms & Conditions
Please retain the following for your records.
When purchasing a tour with The Italian on Tour, you agree to and accept the following terms and conditions. This agreement is between you, the customer and Giovanni Dagostino, d.b.a. The Italian on Tour Via Nazario Sauro, 1 – 63100 Ascoli Piceno.
RESERVATIONS & PAYMENT:
A non-refundable deposit of 30% per person reserves space on a tour. Full payment is due 60 days before commencement of the tour. (Late reservations will be taken if space is available.) The tour price is based on double occupancy and includes the services listed under the INCLUDED section of each tour. Prices do not include services and meals not listed specifically in the itineraries, passports or other travel documents, air or other transportation to and from tour start and ending points (unless otherwise stated in the finalized tour inclusions), vaccinations where required, or personal expenses such as laundry, medical insurance, and communications.
CANCELLATIONS BY YOU & REFUNDS:
We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance, including trip cancellation/interruption insurance. Cancellation must be made in made in writing to email@example.com. This notice is effective immediately from the day of its receipt.
The non-refundable deposit of 30% per person will be retained for all cancellations.
The following table explains cancellation fees for all tours:
|Days before departure||Cancellation fee per person|
|60||30% of tour price*|
|59 – 0||100% of the tour price **|
*Tour price is defined as the listed tour price including any fees and discounts applied to your tour invoice.
** The Italian on Tour Tour cancellation fee cannot be placed on account.
Refunds can take 1 – 4 weeks to process from the date written cancellation is received. No refunds are possible after the tour begins; no refunds are issued for an unexpected late arrival or early departure. Refunds are for the tour price only and do not include transportation, hotel, foreign exchange differences or other personal expenses incurred on the part of tour participants.
CANCELLATIONS OR CHANGES BY US:
We reserve the right to cancel a tour prior to departure for any reason, in which case a full refund which constitutes full settlement will be made. The refund will be given in the home currency, being Euros, and The Italian on Tour cannot be responsible for any differences in foreign exchange rates.
The tour price does not include travel insurance. We strongly recommend that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance, covering trip interruption and cancellation, baggage, medical, accident/life, evacuation, repatriation and other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience occurring to you.
The Italian on Tour is the principal tour operator for these tours and is responsible to the participants for all arrangements and for all tour services and accommodations offered. The Italian on Tour, its members, managers, agents, servants and employees (collectively The Italian on Tour) will not be responsible for personal injury, death or property damage, economic loss or delay, or change of itinerary suffered by any person or tour participant arising out of the negligent or intentional acts or omissions of any direct or supplemental carrier, hotel, restaurant or other person rendering any services or accommodations for any tour; nor will The Italian on Tour be responsible for any injuries, death, damage, loss or delay in any means of transportation or by reason or any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of The Italian on Tour. Bicycles provided for use during any tour are in satisfactory operating condition and participants agree to use them at their own risk or call deficiencies to the immediate attention of the head tour leader. The Italian on Tour will not be responsible for product defects in any bicycles. The tour operator reserves the right to substitute hotels, restaurants, routes or other services listed in the itinerary with comparable services if necessary. Instruction in the use of bicycles will not be provided and participants affirm that they are familiar with the use of a multi-speed bicycle. Bicycle tour participants are required to wear a helmet while cycling.
The right is also reserved to decline to accept or retain any person as a member of a trip due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of The Italian on Tour. Activities involved in active travel and the tours described in our brochures and on our web site are physically demanding, strenuous and potentially dangerous. At the discretion of The Italian on Tour, participants failing to meet the physical and mental requirements, or participants deemed harmful or disruptive to other participants’ enjoyment of the tour, may be asked to leave the tour, with no refund applicable.
By paying your deposit and submitting your Customer Information, you certify your agreement to the following Traveler Code:
- I have chosen a trip that suits my abilities, level of fitness, and state of health.
- I do not have any physical conditions or disabilities that are a hazard to me or other travellers.
- I have a valid passport and all visas, permits, certificates, and vaccinations required for travel.
- I will read pre-trip materials about clothing, medical requirements, and culture-specific etiquette.
- I will make sure to communicate any special requests at least 30 days prior to travel. This includes dietary restrictions, medical requirements and room preferences. I also understand that The Italian on Tour will make a reasonable effort to accommodate special requests but cannot guarantee they will be possible.
- I will respect the laws and customs of countries visited.
- I will follow environmental guidelines and regulations while on the trip in accordance with guide direction.
- I will respect the rights and privacy of other trip members.
- I understand that travel with a group invariably involves compromises to accommodate diverse desires, travel goals, personalities, and physical abilities of group members. The Italian on Tour’s guides may be required to improvise and to use their reasonable discretion in making decisions. These decisions may not always please everyone.
- I understand that The Italian on Tour reserves the right to refuse service during a tour to anyone whose health or behaviour could impede the welfare or enjoyment of fellow guests. An individual may be asked to leave a trip if the tour guide feels that the person’s continuing participation may prove detrimental to the individual or the group.
- I understand access to medical facilities and evacuation services may be limited.
- Secondary roads may not be well maintained. I will pay attention to road conditions and watch for other vehicles and cyclists.
- I understand the weather is variable, may change quickly and may become hazardous.
- I will always wear a helmet when riding. I will not wear headphones when riding.
- I will drink alcohol responsibly.
By reserving space on tour, you agree that The Italian on Tour may use, re-use and reproduce any images, photos or videos that you send to us, or that are taken by our guides and/or other travellers of you individually or in a group, in any medium, including but not limited to print, electronic media, or Internet, free of charge and without your right to inspection, for promoting and publicizing our travel products and services worldwide. If you do not want us to use any images of you that are taken by us or other participants during the tour, you must inform us or your tour leader in writing at the start of the tour.
These Terms and Conditions and any claim, controversy, dispute or cause of action (whether in contract or tort or otherwise) based upon, arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions and the tour hereby reserved shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of the province of Ascoli Piceno.
Submission to Jurisdiction – By reserving space on a tour you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that any action, litigation or proceeding of any kind or description, whether in law or equity, whether in contract or in tort or otherwise, shall be brought in the courts of the province of Ascoli Piceno and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of such courts.
Waiver of Venue – By reserving space on a tour you irrevocably and unconditionally waive any objection you may now or hereafter have to venue of any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or the tour hereby reserved in the Courts of the Province of Ascoli Piceno.
Waiver of Right to Trial by Jury – By reserving space on a tour you irrevocably and unconditionally waive, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any right you may have to a trial by jury in any legal proceeding directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or the tour hereby reserved.
Updating Terms and Conditions: The Italian on Tour reserves the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to be familiar with these terms and conditions. The latest terms and conditions for the cycling tours can be found on the Italian on Tour website at www.theitalianontour.com/cyclingtermsandconditions. The foregoing Terms and Conditions were last updated February 28, 2017.